I kind of stumbled across making this recipe today when I realized that my pint of yogurt was practically full and was about to go to waste because the expiration date was quickly approaching.
My son loves yogurt and loves berries and the occasional granola every now and again, I had just finished making some Chia seed pudding for the next morning so I was already on a roll for some healthy delicious snacks and breakfast alternatives for the next morning.
So I started off with cutting up some berries that I had on hand, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Next I put my yogurt in a bowl ,maple syrup and vanilla extract with a of salt and lemon juice and I mixed all my wet ingredients together.
Then I lined my cookie sheet with some parchment paper or if you don’t have that on hand you can use aluminum foil.
I then pour the yogurt mixture on the cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper and distribute evenly. Once the yogurt is evenly distributed, I then add the sliced berries along with a handful of granola and sprinkle it all over.
Once you add the berries and granola you will now put The cookie sheet in The freezer for the next 3 to 4 hours until the bark is hard. After the 3 to 4 hours and it’s hard, you can now break up the yogurt park and enjoy this little refreshing healthy snack.
- 2 cups nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Strawberries sliced
- Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine yogurt, honey, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to the previously prepared baking sheet and spread it around to an even thickness.
- Top with berries.
- Garnish with granola.
- Freeze for 2 to 3 hours, or until firm.
- Break into pieces.
- Keep in the freezer before serving,
- Serve and enjoy!